Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Groceries This Week

I was not excited with the deals this week, and when there are weeks with not so great deals, I stock up on things I don't normally buy. This week, my "extra" purchases were a gallon of Olive Oil and wheat flour. I also grabbed an extra thing of butter to throw in the freezer.

My total this week, was exactly $50.


Not many meals? Well, besides trying to make more from Scratch, I have good grocery deals stocked up. So, say there is a good deal on ketchup, instead of buying one, I may buy 2 or 3 (or more!). Like right now, for instance, I have about 25 boxes of cereal in my cupboard. Because we NEED 25 boxes? Not exactly. But I got MOST of those boxes for right around $1. Considering some of those boxes are too big to stand up in my cupboards, I'd say that is pretty good. What is also good is, that I won't have to pay full price for cereal!

If you shop the deals and use your coupons WITH the good deals, in stores that double and triple coupons, you can end up saving a lot of money.

So far this month, I have spent a total of $136. on groceries. That means I have $139. left to spend for the month.

How have you done this month?

0 comments: