Monday, June 8, 2009

Money Saving Monday





Saving money was not always something that I cared that much about. I tried on and off to use coupons, and found it was easier and cheaper to just go to Wal-Mart and Aldi's and buy the off brands.
Boy was I missing out.
If you would like to see how I am able to save my family lots of money using coupons and sales COMBINED, check THIS out.
Do you wonder how people get such good coupons sometimes? Well, besides all of the great regular resources HERE, I also write companies!
My sis in law told me about doing this, and I was unsure at first. But, I have done it, and will continue to do it more!
Basically, you take companies that you love their products and your write them an e-mail. I write the companies, and I tell them how our family loves their product or whatever, and I leave it at that. MOST of the time, the company will send a coupon or two. Sometimes they send you a coupon for free product!
So, that can definitely help on the grocery budget. I wrote a yogurt company about how we love their products and they sent me a coupons for one free and 2 coupons for $.35 off one. Well, it doubled at my Meijer making them free! So I got 3 free yogurts! Not bad, I'd say!
So try it. Look up the companies that you buy from, or would like to buy from. And tell them how much you like their stuff! Don't be dishonest. Don't write them begging for coupons. A positive comment actually helps their company.
Hope this helps! Now, go on. Get started!
Now, do you have any Money Saving Tips to share? Leave a direct link to your entry on Money Saving. Thanks!

0 comments: