Thursday, January 8, 2009

One Week Later...

Ok, I went ahead and made some resolutions this year (HERE), so I thought I should probably review those and see how I was doing.

I have actually had people over about 2 evenings in this last week, and Friday and Sunday we are having family over for a birthday party. So, I guess I can give myself an 'A' for Hospitality, because I am definitely trying to work on this. And it has been so much fun. I love spending that more "quality" time with good friends and family!

I have also had some study time, in my Bible. As far as a "set time" like I would like, I have been failing. And I am going to link this one up to reading my Bible, which, has not been going as well either. I want DAILY reading and studying... And I have not been doing that so far. This is actually my first morning at home with nothing scheduled. The last 5 days, I have had things to get ready for first thing in the morning... Not a good excuse, I know. So, on this one, I am going to give myself a 'D'. Although this morning, a 'D', a nothing planned will give me some good time in the Word!!!

God first, hubby #2, kids #3, others, then me... I have been doing good on this so far... I love my relationship with the Lord. I am blessed that He is so faithful, and listens to me... (You too!) And I have been trying to keep hubby in #2 place. Which is difficult sometimes, to be honest. Hubby and kids run neck-neck sometimes, and I have to let hubby be first! So, for this one I have to say a 'B'. I still have make this a part of my life that comes naturally...

Using my talents... well, I have been. This last week, I have probably spent one day doing stuff that use my talents... And this one will be an easy one for me, I just need to make time for it! So, on this too I will give myself a 'B'. I still want to get items on Etsy, and other projects I would like to do...

Scheduling my day... It has been pretty scheduled so far, because we have had so much planned. I want this to be more in the area of home too. Like today is a dusting and sweeping day. On top of other things to get done in prep for a birthday party tomorrow! This I will say 'C' because I haven't really got to apply it to it's full extent. Today is the day... =)

Eating better... mmmm. Well, right now is horrible. It is "that time" for me, and chocolate is a necessity. But, it is dark chocolate, so that includes antioxidants and is there for REALLY good for me! I went tot he grocery yesterday, and hopefully will will continue on the right track this week... So far, I'd say I get a 'C'. Needs more work.

Take more pictures... Oh, this one has NOT been good. I need to download some pictures and make room on my camera for more.... I will do this today. But for now, I get a 'D' on this. =(

Have a garden... of course winter is no time to plant a garden in Indiana, but I have been planning and getting some ideas from one of my favorite magazines, Countryside. Countryside is a lot of info on being self-sufficient, or being able to live "off-the-grid". Which I never plan on being totally self-sufficient, BUT I would like, in case we ever got into a depression or something, that we could still eat and survive with no major issues. This magazine also gives some great ideas on how to plant your garden, how much to plant, etc. There are loads of great ideas... On this, so far I am going to say 'A'...

Going on more vacations.... I think I will be giving myself an 'A' on this so far also, BECAUSE I have a "vacation fund" where we will be saving money for going on short camping trips, our yearly vacation with hubby's family, maybe a vacation at Spring Break, and a Florida trip in the next year or so???? That is the great thing about saving... if I have money set aside, we don't have to worry about wanting to go camping again but not having money set aside. Hopefully this will continue to work out...

How has your first week in the New Year been going? I hope your goals for this year have been going well!

0 comments: