Have I been horrible at taking my after pics?! I can't believe these weeks are just flying by. And so many more things to do. If I set aside chores (barn), kid's activities, and regular housecleaning, I would still have church things (Women's ministry party coming up in May, board meeting in 2 weeks- need to have board minutes done, worship team, nursery schedules made, small group, and finishing up the pictorial directory layout! ) and all of the unexpected things that come along. Am I singin' a tune anyone else knows? :)
Well, today start the biggest job I will have in my home. The kitchen.
But first, some "fun" facts for you today...
#1. The Bathtub
#2. The Kitchen Drain
#3. The Telephone
#4. Your Toothbrush
#5. The Remote Control
#6. Computer Keyboard and Mouse
#7. Wooden Cutting Board
#8. Behind Appliances
#9. The Top of the Refrigerator
Several of these items you see here are found in the KITCHEN!
On another search of the GERMIEST places:
You ready to clean yet?
- Start with a general clean-up of your kitchen
- Go cupboard by cupboard
- Take everything out, look at expirations, wipe down shelving, add shelf liners, reorganize
- Fix squeaky doors, add bumpers to doors so they don't slam shut
- Put "like" things together, so thing are more organized
- Put stockpiled items in a separate location???
- Consider taking inventory of what you have.
- Take everything off of your counters- wipe down everything, remove anything that does not need to be there.
- Wipe down all cupboard fronts
- Clean all decorations, wipe down with damp cloth or wash in soapy water
- Clean off top
- Take everything out (check expirations)
- Wipe down shelves, or take out and wash
- Put things back in, organize
- Add a box of baking soda, to take away odors
- Freezer (clean out the same way as fridge)
- Microwave (heat a cup of water with 1/2 cup of lemon juice for 2 minutes, then wipe down inside!)
- Clean oven top and inside!
- Clean oven vent hood.
- Garbage Can- Clean out, wipe down, clean garbage area
- Clean floors, windows, curtains
- Thoroughly wipe down table tops and legs, underside
- get a new centerpiece for spring or revive the old one!
- Clean floors thoroughly
- Clean decor
- Get rid of anything that doesn't belong
- Clean windows and curtains
- Thought about saving money on napkins? Get cloth ones!
I also want to do a THOROUGH wipe down of everything. I did this about a month ago actually. I caught a mouse under my sink (the "entry point" is where I keep all of my cleaners!), and it grossed me out so much, I cleaned and wiped down a bunch at that time. I want to do this again, and extend it to other parts of my kitchen.
What is YOUR plan? Please share in the comments section, or by linking up!