Monday, October 26, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things...

The weather is getting colder, and the holidays are just around the corner. I was just thinking about cleaning and redecorating (rearranging more like it). And I thought I would share with you some of my favorite things!

To start out, I have a very season appropriate item... Thermos! My husband and I don't get to go 'antiquing' very often, but when we do, and if we see a Thermos in great shape, we will grab it! Only 3 have any sort of a story, the silver one and the Dunkin' Donuts one in the first pic, were my grandpa's. When we went to Florida in July (you may remember that), I got these two from their house down there. The other 2 on the left are just some we've picked up along the way...





One here has a story... My sister Elizabeth picked up the Mickey Mouse thermos on the right for me. It was like $.50 at a garage sale. And she knows Mickey is my fav! The other 2 we have also picked up along the way...



We love our Thermos! Do you have a collection of things that YOU love? You can share if you like! If there is a good response, I could start putting up a link for you all to show pics of your favorite collections... I have several things around the house that I am going to show you in days to come... Hope you enjoyed!

2 comments:

adrian said...

brings back memories of thermos used in elementary school :)

heather said...

I remember my dad having one of the red plaid ones. He'd carry it in his black "dinner bucket" everyday to work. Thnaks for the flashback!