I haven't had a baking day in a while, and I definitely need to. Especially with the weather getting warm (finally!). Here are some reasons a baking day is a good idea:
- Get all baking done in one afternoon, and have baked goods ready to eat when needed over the next few weeks.
- Get all baking done in one afternoon, so your kitchen isn't hot day after day. You just have one afternoon to contend with. So make it a cooler day, start in the early morning!
- FRUGAL! Baking your own items is a lot cheaper then purchasing them in the store.
- HEALTHY! The items you make are most likely more healthy for your family also.
In the next few days, here are the items I want to make on a "Baking Day":
- muffins for breakfasts (this will cut down on the cereal consumption if I don't wake before the kids do).
- Tortillas for tacos
- Granola Bars (wonderful recipe coming soon!!!)
I also want to have a Non-baking day, where I make things that don't require the use of the oven. Here is what I hope to make:
- homemade noodles
- dehydrated peaches and apples (for snacking).
Do YOU have baking days? If not, you should try it out. Last time I did it, I had rolls that lasted in the freezer for about a month, and it was wonderful to pull them out last minute for an extra side to our meal.