Thursday, June 11, 2009

$5 Dinners- Grilling for 7!



Another great way to keep your dinner budget under $5 is to buy meat on sale and marked down. This last shopping trip to Kroger gave me chicken tenders (about 12 in the package) for around $2.87. Then I used some of the grill spices that I have got in the last few weeks for free (Lawry's from Meijer, Weber's & McCormick's from Kroger) to give the chicken some great taste. I also made some pasta salad. Now you can either get good deals on the boxed pasta salads or you can make your own. What I have done is take a bag of Wacky Mac (thanks Megan for explaining why it isn't too wacky to try!), I mix in Ranch dressing (which I have got for free or pennies, keep watching and using those coupons!), and I mix in a chopped tomato and sprinkle it with Parmesan cheese. Pair that with a side of cantaloupe and you have an awesome meal.
Here is the cost break down:
chicken tenders- $2.87
seasoning- free (with coupons)
pasta salad, Wacky mac- $.16 (with coupons)
ranch dressing- free (with coupons)
1 tomato- $.50 (guesstimating)
sprinkling of Parmesan- $.20 (?)
Cantaloupe- $.99
Total for the meal: $4.72
This meal actually fed 4 adults, and 3 kids!
I want to ENCOURAGE you, to shop for the best deals. Use coupons if possible, and shop those sales! This is the only way that you will be able to bring that grocery bill down further! Check out my post HERE, and please let me know if you have any questions!

1 comments:

blueviolet said...

Stopping by and following from MBC followers. I'm back online but with a new url. :)