Sunday, May 31, 2009

Meals this Week

Wow, it seems like forever since I posted meals. Actually for the 3 weeks that hubby has been home (after surgery), I haven't been making a meal plan. And boy have we suffered! Meals haven't been as great, and they are always later then normal, because I am out mowing or gardening or whatever, and then realize it is 6:30 and the boys are going to bed at 8.

So, I KNOW meal planning works for us!

And I am still excited about having my Internet back finally! Because I actually get to plan my grocery trip better this week. Hopefully I can do better, even though the last 2 weeks haven't been bad at all. And then I can post them again!

As most of you know, I am feeding 6 people. 2 adults and 4 little boys (8 years to 1 year). We drink milk like it is going out of style, and I try to keep a well balanced meal so we don't need as many snack foods around! So, here is our weekly meals:

Monday- Grilled Pork Chops, potato skins, (homemade) pasta salad

Tuesday- Cavatini and salad (lettuce)

Wednesday- Tuna Noodle Casserole

Thursday- Leftovers (we always have so many & a great way to save your family money is to make sure you eat ALL of the food, don't throw anything out that you don't have to!)

Friday- Pizza & Homemade potato chips

Saturday- Chicken (from Fundraiser, for our Children's Ministry), homemade potato salad, fresh fruit

Sunday- Crockpot Chicken and Veggies

Most of my meals are BELOW $5. I usually only buy meat on sale or marked down (2 days before their sell by date), and I shop sales and use coupons. On Thursdays, starting this week, I am going to be hosting a segment called $5 Dinners. This is where I will show you exactly how we do dinners for under $5. There will also be a chance for you to link up OR to leave a comment sharing with us how YOU do $5 Dinners. Come back and visit us then!

Have a great week!

3 comments:

Mom of three little Princesses said...

Hello How do you make potato chips? I don't think I have ever has homemade potato chips...would love to see a recipe for this.
Have a great week!

Brook said...

Just curious what you have for lunch if you have a leftover night.

Sarah said...

Brook- Thanks for asking! If there are no leftovers for lunch, we will do somesort of rice and chicken (rice is usually the Knorr rice side that you can get cheap or free with sales and coupons at Meijer or Kroger and I open a can of chicken whick usually goes on sale for $1 at Meijer), or we will do the PBJ standby. My kids LOVE peanut butter and jelly, they actually BEG for it. Or we also have an ABUNDANCE of eggs (we have chickens) so we also make egg sandwiches or egg salad sandwiches. But I usually don't have to think too hard for lunch... Thank goodness!

Mom of Three Little Princesses- I will post how I do the VERY EASY potaoe chips tomorrow! Thanks for asking!;)