Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Groceries this Week

My goodness, it has been a long week! Thank you to all of you for your prayers for my husband (knee surgery). He is still in quite a bit of pain, BUT it is getting better. And last night, he only got up once! So we both got better sleep!





Today, I did my shopping, and felt SO out of it. I wasn't as prepared as I like to be, because I valued sleep over preparation. I am a woman who NEEDS the beauty sleep! But, I did alright:



I got all of this for $77.

If you can't see it, there are 7 gallons of milk, 3 half gallons of soy milk, 2 boxes of Capri Sun (for the boys camping this weekend), 10 boxes of cereal, a large bottle of Olive oil, 10 lbs of potatoes, 4 lbs of hamburger, 2 lt of root beer, bananas, pretzels, 2 bags of lettuce, 1 bottle Log Cabin Syrup (free), 1 box Kashi waffles (free), Country Bob's All purpose sauce (free), 1 bottle ketchup, 6 jars of peanut butter, tomatoes, 4 cans veggies, 2 miracle whip, large container yogurt, 2 pkgs Aunt Millie's buns, 2 Aunt Millie's Bread, 6 pkg hot dogs, sobe water, 2 Bayer Quik Aspirin, 1 St. Ives face scrub, 1 Bisquick, and 1 bag of doughnuts (a splurge for the hubby).

With all of this food, we feed 6 people in our family. Which includes 1 hungry hubby and 4 growing little boys. We also have enough that we donate food every month to a local food bank. To see how we can do this, go HERE.

How did YOU do on groceries this week?

2 comments:

Megan said...

Looks like you did great. Did I miss a skippy deal?

My Meijer trip was AWESOME!!! I'll post Friday as usual!

Glad you're both getting a little more sleep!

Unknown said...

You did so much better than I did!! I spent $125 to feed two (sometimes three)... I'm gonna follow your link to see how you do it.

I have a lot of meats, and frozen food for lunch though...