Wednesday, April 15, 2009

In His Word Wednesday- Sweet Smelling Aroma



2Corin. 2:15 "For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing..."


Aroma is defined in a couple ways. Here is one I found, and thought appropriate. Aroma- a distinctive odor that is pleasant .


If we are to be an "aroma" for Christ, are we over the top? Are we in people's faces? Are we pointing fingers? Or do we keep secret what we know? DO we just hope that people will notice Christ in us? The "aroma" is distinctive. That means people will take notice, like there is "just something about them!". And it is "pleasant"- pleasing, agreeable, or enjoyable; giving pleasure.


Are we enjoyable? DO we give others pleasure by just being around them?


As a woman, we need to restrain those lips (Prov. 10:19), we need to be ready with a good word (Prov. 12:25) and a wise tongue (Prov. 12:18). We need to keep our answers soft (Prov. 15:1) and our words sweet (Prov. 16:21, 24). Remember~ idol chatter, leads to poverty (Prov. 14:23). SO keep busy doing the Lord's will!


All of these verses and more, I have highlighted in my Bible in pink. Everything in Pink in my Bible is for me, as a woman. So then, when I flip through, I can be reminded to look at each of those words and be reminded what kind of Aroma I am to be as a woman.
For other words of encouragement & prayer requests, join us IN His Word.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Great questions to think about!

thanks for linking

Anonymous said...

beautiful picture, I am now following you!