Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Prayer- In His Word Wednesday


Prayers have been on my heart alot lately. There is just so much to prayer for. Sickness. Need. Jobs. Patience. There seems to be many people that are getting cancer, that I know. And we may not understand the illness or the situation, but I know the one thing I CAN do is pray.


Psalm 28:2 "Hear my prayer for mercy when I call to you for help, when I lift my hands toward your most holy place."


Psa 102:1-17 " A prayer by someone who is suffering, when he is weary and pours out his troubles in the LORD'S presence. O LORD, hear my prayer, and let my cry for help come to you. Do not hide your face from me when I am in trouble. Turn your ear toward me. Answer me quickly when I call. My days disappear like smoke. My bones burn like hot coals. My heart is beaten down and withered like grass because I have forgotten about eating. I am nothing but skin and bones because of my loud groans. I am like a desert owl, like an owl living in the ruins. I lie awake. I am like a lonely bird on a rooftop. All day long my enemies insult me. Those who ridicule me use my name as a curse. I eat ashes like bread and my tears are mixed with my drink because of your hostility and anger, because you have picked me up and thrown me away. My days are like a shadow that is getting longer, and I wither away like grass.

But you, O LORD, remain forever. You are remembered throughout every generation. You will rise and have compassion on Zion, because it is time to grant a favor to it. Indeed, the appointed time has come. Your servants value Zion's stones, and they pity its rubble. The nations will fear the LORD'S name. All the kings of the earth will fear your glory. When the LORD builds Zion, he will appear in his glory. He will turn his attention to the prayers of those who have been abandoned. He will not despise their prayers."

God hears all prayers, and in His timing He will answer them. We need to remember to lift those people up in prayer in our lives that need it.

Yesterday, I got a monthly calendar book at 75% off. I got it because I had read about another woman who took a similar calendar and kept track pf all of the prayer requests. She also kept track of prayer she wanted to make sure were made on that day, like each day she prayed for a different child. I have also added our pastor, and his wife to pray for during my week. I have added our Women's Ministry, and of course I remember my husband in prayer. ( I don't remember as much anymore, unless I write it down!)

This week some of my special prayers are these precious people:
  • Lila, this older lady from our church loves the Lord with all of her heart. She had back surgery on Monday, and is doing well, but needs our prayers
  • A couple named Max & Becky. Max was recently diagnosed with having a tumor on his brain and given a year to live. He has been taking care of his wife Becky, who has also been hospitalized, because of her health. They also take care of a 13 year old grand-daughter, that needs our prayers.
  • A couple name Bob & Carol, from our church, are going to go see their daughter in Colorado, who is a single mom and has been having seizures. They are hoping to bring her back to the Lord during their visit.
  • My aunt Deb, who has Hodgkin's Lymphoma. She will never get rid of the cancer, but she can help slow it considerably. Pray that the cancer slows to a stop. She is in her early 50's and she has 2 boys, and a husband.


Thank you for all of the prayers that you lift up for these precious people. Thanks again Megan, for being obedient to God's calling for you to have this on your blog! Go HERE to see more encouragement and prayers.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Great verses Sarah, I will lift up in prayer those requests!

thanks for linking

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that, while I don't know you, I prayed for the people you wrote about.

The prayer calendar is such a good idea. I know that my parents used to keep a "prayer journal" and it helped them to be aware of the many answered prayers that might have otherwise been forgotten.

You might also like reading about this family where it is the oldest daughter who keeps the prayer notebook.