Saturday, December 20, 2008

Gift from God, Part 2

Luke 1:39- 55 Soon afterward Mary got ready and hurried off to a town in the hill country of Judea. She went into Zechariah's house and greeted Elizabeth.

When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby moved within her. Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit and said in a loud voice, "You are the most blessed of all women, and blessed is the child you will bear! Why should this great thing happen to me, that my Lord's mother comes to visit me? For as soon as I heard your greeting, the baby within me jumped with gladness. How happy you are to believe that the Lord's message to you will come true!"

Mary said, "My heart praises the Lord; my soul is glad because of God my Savior, for he has remembered me, his lowly servant! From now on all people will call me happy, because of the great things the Mighty God has done for me. His name is holy from one generation to another he shows mercy to those who honor him. He has stretched out his mighty arm and scattered the proud with all their plans. He has brought down mighty kings from their thrones, and lifted up the lowly. He has filled the hungry with good things, and sent the rich away with empty hands. He has kept the promise he made to our ancestors, and has come to the help of his servant Israel. He has remembered to show mercy to Abraham and to all his descendants forever!"


I love Mary's words to Elizabeth here. She first of all is so thankful to have been remembered by God.

And because God remembered her, people will now call her happy! How many times has God remembered you in your life? And do people call YOU happy? I know maybe nothing a great as bearing the Son of God, but He has done some great things in your life. I know He has. So do people call you happy?

I want people to call me happy!

And the next part, God has scattered the proud with all of their plans. Wow. God gives faithfully to those that the world gives up on! The poor, the might, the hungry...

As I was expecting to read the "Christmas Story". I read more. God is so merciful. And Mary's testimony is nothing short of awesome!

Thank you God, for using the unexpected.

0 comments: