Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Gift from God Part 1

In the sixth month of Elizabeth's pregnancy God sent the angel Gabriel to a town in Galilee named Nazareth. He had a message for a young woman promised in marriage to a man named Joseph, who was a descendant of King David. Her name was Mary.

The angel came to her and said, "Peace be with you! The Lord is with you and has greatly blessed you!" Mary was deeply troubled by the angel's message, and she wondered what his words meant. The angel said to her, "Don't be afraid, Mary; God has been gracious to you. You will become pregnant and give birth to a son, and you will name him Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High God. The Lord God will make him a king, as his ancestor David was, and he will be the king of the descendants of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end!"

Mary said to the angel, "I am a virgin. How, then, can this be?" The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come on you, and God's power will rest upon you. For this reason the holy child will be called the Son of God. Remember your relative Elizabeth. It is said that she cannot have children, but she herself is now six months pregnant, even though she is very old. For there is nothing that God cannot do." "I am the Lord's servant," said Mary; "may it happen to me as you have said." And the angel left her. ~Luke 1:26-38

What an awesome example of God's power. There is nothing that God cannot do!!!

With the economy going down hill, we all need to be reminded of this. God can do ANYTHING. Do you believe it? ANYTHING! And after the angel came to Mary, what did she do? She accepted it, she accepted the gift of God. She didn't know the plan. She didn't have any part of planning this. It was planned for her, by God.

Why do we struggle with the plans that God has for us? God wants to give us all the gift of eternal life, and what do we try to do? Take over!

"No, God. I don't think that could happen! That is pretty much impossible. There has to be another way..."

Is that YOU??? I know that sounds like me most days... Why can we not just give it up to Him?

I want to accept God's gift of His only Son, with open arms. I want to have the life that HE wants me to have. I want Him to lead in my life. I want His protection and guidance. I want Jesus to know that His birth, short life and death on the cross was not in vain! I accept it, and I long for the day when I can look Him in the face! Oh, what an awesome day! I can hear the angels singing praises to Him now! And to hear Him say my name... and "Well done, My good and faithful servant..."

Do you accept His gift?