Sunday, September 21, 2008

Do Not Envy the Wicked



One of my favorite Psalms in the Bible is Psalm 73. I love all of it. Some of the Psalms I love bits and pieces of, but this one I love it all. I found it while I was a very new Christian, and have not forgotten the words.


I would encourage you to read it. I will highlight parts here, though.

All of Psalms 73 talks about how much other people seem to get away with! I try to serve God and do the right thing and look at those other people- they are doing whatever they want, partying, getting rich in money, putting down people like me…. And they are thriving! They continue in wealth and success! How God?

I love verse 16-17. It says :”When I thought how to understand this, It was too painful to me- Until I went into the sanctuary of God; Then I understood their end.”


Psa 73:22-26 I was stupid, and I did not understand. I was like a dumb animal in your presence. Yet, I am always with you. You hold on to my right hand. With your advice you guide me, and in the end you will take me to glory. As long as I have you, I don't need anyone else in heaven or on earth. My body and mind may waste away, but God remains the foundation of my life and my inheritance forever.


I LOVE that. As stupid as I was, being envious of people who “seemed” to have it all, God still held me by my hand. And He is planning to take me to glory! I need to make sure I commit my life to Him, in all ways possible, because He IS my foundation. Or in another translation, “God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”


My sister-in-law Megan reminded me of Psalms 73 in her blog the other day, and I was thinking about it, and thought maybe someone could use it.


Thank you God for Your Word, it is truly food for my soul!

2 comments:

Wanda said...

Hi Sarah
Found you from Martha's blog comment page. I'm a fairly new blogger and I live in Indiana too.

I've checked out both your blogs and they are very sweet. Beautiful family and a precious heart you have.
God bless you for sharing of yourself!

Keep on writing, girl!

Sarah said...

Thank you Wanda! It's a nice little break I take for myself!