Welcome to Week 1 of Spring Cleaning! I am excited to get started, how about you? This week we will be working on the Entry Area.
Your Entry Area is the area that all of your guests enter into your home. Where do they take their shoes off and jackets off? Where do you greet them? THIS is the Entry Area.
This Area should be welcoming! This is their first impression of your home! And of YOU! Is there a place that they can easy put coats? Shoes? What about someone who needs to sit and put on shoes? Can they do that in this area? (I remember when I was pregnant, if I didn't have slip-on shoes, I HAD to sit to get my shoes on, cuz I couldn't see then otherwise!) How is your organization?
- Coats~ Rid through your coats, what are you wearing right now? Are you ready to put away those winter coats? If you are, get those washed up and put away (somewhere else, like an unused closet or basement area). Get out those spring jackets, wash them up if needed. May be put away those gloves and hats??? Wash them up too. We won't be putting away our winter coats yet, but I will be washing up coats, hats, gloves, and pulling out some Spring jackets getting them ready! Woot!
- Sweep, wipe down, dust... (I know around the "kid level" on our doors, seems a little dirtier then on other places on the door, Clean it!)
- Wash any rugs. Shake them out outside, then throw them in the wash! Or get new ones, if needed...
- Reorganize! Use baskets, tubs, shelves, hooks, etc to get everything back into a "working" order. Look at your room with "fresh eyes". Act like you are walking into that area, like if you were a guest. Does it look cluttered? Fix it!
- Clean Windows, spray off screens, etc.
- Everything working??? If something needs fixed, fix it today! If it needs thrown out, do it!
- Decorate. Does your area need to say more "Hello!" than "good-bye..."? Make this area as warm and welcoming as possible!
Here is what our entry looks like today:
Needs work, is an understatement! So, it time to get crackin!
I would love if you would join me! If you can, link up! Share pics and ideas you have. If you don't have a blog, at least leave a comment and tell us you are Spring Cleaning too! And don't forget to join us again on Friday for the end results!