Thursday, November 5, 2009

Ready for the Holidays- Clean-up!



As we all know, the holidays can produce a LOT of stress. Especially if we are hosting an event or 2... This year, as in the last couple, I am hosting my family's Thanksgiving AND Christmas. Which, I DO love to do! But, if I don't plan ahead, I could get a little stressed out. I want to focus on the REASON for the holidays, not focusing on me and how much I have to do!

So, starting next week, and each week up until Christmas, I am choosing a room in my home, and I am turning it upside down, and then turning it right side up again, so it will be ready for company this holiday season.

Here is my clean-up line-up:

  • Nov. 9-13 Entry Area ( This is the clutter area in my house! I want this to be a warm & inviting welcome spot in my home!)
  • Nov. 16-20 Living Room (This just needs a GOOD cleanin...)
  • Nov. 23-27 Bathroom ( I know this is the week of Thanksgiving, but I am assigning the bathroom to this, because it was the smallest job! I think I can do this in 2 or 3 days!)
  • Nov. 30- Dec. 4 Bedrooms ( I have a few kid's rooms to go through and rid out, and my room could probably use a good cleaning too.)
  • Dec. 7-11 Kitchen/ Dining Area ( For me, these 2 rooms are the same area. And it could really use a good straightening up!)
  • Dec. 14-18 Outside ( If you haven't decorated or even cleaned up your outside area, now is the time to do it. At this time, I will probably add a few winter items outside, and make sure everything is in Christmas condition!)
So, that my friends, is my plans for cleaning up! If you would like to join me in clean-up, I would love it! You can link up in the comments area. But Mondays, I will show you a before pic, and on Fridays, I will post an after pic.

Now that I have the cleaning planned out, now to look at the Thanksgiving Meal... Mmmm! Can't wait! See you Monday, so I can start cleaning!

0 comments: