Saturday, June 20, 2009

Weekend Inspiration





My goodness, I feel like I have hardly been on my computer for the last 5 days! I have had swimming lessons for my boys first thing in the AM all week then, when we (finally) get home. We try to catch up on everything we dropped that morning, lunch, finish chores, get ready for VBS, dinner, then VBS! After VBS I spend time in the yard or garden (if it isn't raining!) then computer time has been from about 9:30 pm to 12:30 am.... Then back up again and rolling at 7 am... yeah. I am looking forward to next week!


Encouragement:



Mat 6:25-34 "Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?


And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?


Therefore do not be anxious, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.


"Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble. "


Boy, I don't know about you, but this hit the nail on the head with me. I am always worrying about things that I have ABSOLUTELY NO control over. There are MANY things in our lives that we need to let that soak in about!!!


YOU DON'T HAVE CONTROL OVER THIS, SO DON'T WORRY YOUR PRETTY LITTLE HEAD OVER IT!


I am always doing the "What if's" with myself... well, what if this or that happens, then what will I do? As if I don't have BETTER things to do then to worry about the "what if's". I know most of you out there KNOW what I'm sayin'!


But be encouraged with Jesus' words:
"Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? "



Try Something New (with a twist!)


Like I said I have been neglecting my poor computer all week, so I haven't had much time on being able to look at all the new ideas out there. But I will give you some blogs to look at, some that I enjoy. And maybe you could find some enjoyment in also...


I am going to let you all in on a little info about me that only those people close to me know. Well, you all probably know that I have 4 boys, who I am so proud of and blessed everyday with. But I have always wanted a girl, and thought for sure I would have at least one daughter of my own someday. I came from a family of 4 girls and 1 boy! So SURELY I would have ONE girl! Noooo... Well, the thing most of you probably don't know about me is I would LOVE to adopt. My hubby and I will not be having any more children (unless by God's supernatural hand). And I often get teary-eyed about never having a little girl. So, I love hearing stories about adoptions and seeing how incredible the lives of these families are, how blessed each member of the family is for being a part of the adopted family. Well, one of my favorite blogs to read now is Rylee for Life. This is a blog about one families journey through adoption and how blessed their lives are now!


I live on a (mini) farm in Indiana. And we have some animals and probably more to come. We love being outside and being about to take care of what we have, grow some of our own food, and be able to let our boys run, and not be afraid. One blog I find inspiration (HUMOROUS inspiration)from is Amy's Humble Musings. It is a great blog about Amy's life on her family farm.


Then look at this delightful sandwich! This is a pulled-chicken sandwich. You all have heard of a pulled PORK sandwich, right? Well, go HERE to find the incredibly easy recipe from Kraft for this sandwich.

Well, I wish I had more time to share, but if I have to leave you with those things for today. I hope you find some inspiration and encouragement. And I just hope you are able to be blessed by what you have read today. Have a great weekend, and make sure you make Father's Day a great on for those father's in your life!

See you all soon!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found you through the CWO Blogroll! I love the encouragement! I also struggle with worry! And 4 boys! All I can say is WOW!!!