Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Proverbs 31 Study

I hold the Proverbs 31 Woman, as a woman who's standard's, we, as women, need to follow. Or STRIVE to follow.

She has many qualities, that are very desirable to us, but more desirable to the Lord.

I encourage you to read Proverbs 31.

You will find that this woman has many traits. Elizabeth George wrote "Beautiful in God's Eyes". In her book, she outlines the different characteristics that each of us should strive for. They are as follows:

  • Her Character
  • Her Value
  • Her Loyalty
  • Her Contribution
  • Her Mission
  • Her Heart
  • Her Provision
  • Her Discipline
  • Her Vision
  • Her Work
  • Her Confidence
  • Her diligence
  • Her Mercy
  • Her Preparation
  • Her Handiwork
  • Her Husband
  • Her Industry
  • Her Clothing
  • Her Words
  • Her Management
  • Her Family
  • Her Praise
  • Her Faith
  • Her Reward

Wow. So many qualities.... Are we good in each of these??? Would each of these areas in our lives be pleasing to God??? Ouch. I can personally say, I have a long way to go. A LONG way.

Starting today, I want to cover each of these qualities, as outlined in Elizabeth's George's Book. If you have this book, get it out, and follow along! If you don't, I encourage you to get it. You can go to her site HERE and check it out. She has some very decent prices.

So, my first question for you is, which qualities of the Proverbs 31 woman, do you want to improve on? Which verse convicts you the most?

I hope you join me everyday, as we review these qualities, and strive for God's understanding in who HE wants us to be.

0 comments: