Monday, November 10, 2008

Making My House a Haven

UPDATED!!! SEE BEFORE AND AFTER< BELOW!!!





I found this blog, and it is going right along with what I talked about last week, and wanting to do a thorough clean of my kitchen! Of course, last week was a little busy and so is this week. But only my evenings are busy, so hopefully participating in "Making Your House a Haven", I will be able to make my home ready for the activities of the evening!



Today, on her site, she is discussing "Tidy". She has challenged herself to tidy up spots that may have become a little unruly. Like my cupboards! I have got a great accumulation of groceries lately, and my old places for things, no longer "fit" into my current load. So the challenge of "Tidy" today. I am going to tidy my kitchen.




I will include before and after pics! ***shudder***



I am taking this pictures in the morning after the rush of the boys leaving the house. I had a busy day yesterday, and our evening was a come home. Finish some projects, and go to bed. So everything else, like the kitchen, go neglected!




So here are the before pics:

Here is the catch all spot in our house, the island. It isn't too bad, but it need to be cleaned up! There is also my calendar, which I have good intentions of keeping track of the boys schoolwork.



I NEED to figure out something different with the refrigerator, All of the school papers & Pictures...

Here is my pantry, it's not a huge mess, but there are a few disorganized areas...



This trash closet has been an overflow for extras... I need to get a better plan!










Today, I have got the boys around for school, spent some time in the Word, been SO encouraged in the verses that the Lord gave me today, and now I am blogging... My plan for this day, is to get laundry going, type up some things for my hubby, work on my kitchen, make some notes on a baby shower for a wonderful gal at church (the beginning!), sewing some shirts. By this time, the boys will be home, and homework will need to be done! Then Hubby will get home. I will be preparing for dinner, Eat. Clean-up. Then boys are off to a "Den Meeting" with the boy scouts, and at the same time Hubby is supposed to be at a Church Meeting. He will be splitting himself into 2 at this time... At that time, I hope to continue in anything I hadn't got done earlier in the day. And that evening, I will work on my couponing so hopefully I can go shopping tomorrow. Then, I will probably end my day in the Word. My favorite! Then Bed. Ahhh... It sounds good already!





I am going to encourage you to visit the blog above, and also challenge yourself today to "tidy up" some neglected areas. And as soon as I am finished, I will include pics of my finished project! Stay tuned! =)


Alright, I worked literally 4 hours on my kitchen... wiping down everything, reorganizing, throwing out... So here is the after pics:


Here is the pantry, I organized things a little better, and moved some stuff out, hopefully you can tell a difference. I can!

Here is my trash closet aka over flow closet... I moved some stuff around in here also. Moved some in, some out...

Here is the overall kitchen. My fridge is cleaned off, my island is cleaned off, counters have been cleared & wiped down. I feel much better about my more organized kitchen!!!


Have you decided to "tidy" anything today???

6 comments:

SmilingsMyFavorite said...

I'm excited to see the after pics! I think I'm OCD. Any clutter that gets near me causes me to panic. And therefore, I throw things away that should have been kept. oops.

Stephanie said...

Wow what a busy day! I look forward to seeing how you did!

Monica Wilkinson said...

Great job! Love seeing all that you accomplished! Thanks for joining the challenge! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, great job, your pantry looks SO oragnized and lined up so neatly!

SmilingsMyFavorite said...

First of all I'd just like to say, you have a HUGE kitchen! Your rock the TIDY girl!

Megan said...

WOW --great job on your pantry. I can seriously tell a big difference! I had to do that a few months ago and it makes a little more room to stuff those deals into.

next you're going to be lining the shelves out in your mud room!! The deals just don't stop!!