Thursday, October 16, 2008

Worship






Psa 40:1-5 For the choir director; a psalm by David. I waited patiently for the LORD. He turned to me and heard my cry for help. He pulled me out of a horrible pit, out of the mud and clay. He set my feet on a rock and made my steps secure. He placed a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see this and worship. They will trust the LORD. Blessed is the person who places his confidence in the LORD and does not rely on arrogant people or those who follow lies. You have done many miraculous things, O LORD my God. You have made many wonderful plans for us. No one compares to you! I will tell others about your miracles, which are more than I can count.


Our worship is not for others. It is not to make us look good or to make us even FEEL good. Worship is honor and reverence paid to God, for all that He is and all that He was and will be.


We should not be ashamed to sing out praise songs in our cars while others can see you, or while we are in our homes while our children are watching and we should definitely NOT be ashamed while we are in church. For who do we worship? When we get to heaven, will we look at a screen, and read the words? Will we bury our face in a hymnal? Will we nervously sing to God because there are others watching?


With God looking straight into our eyes, and us looking straight back into His eyes, will we be ashamed? Or are we going to praise and worship with all of our might! How awesome it will be to be in His presence someday!


Wait.... Someday? SOMEDAY??? He will be present if we are worshiping Him. TRUE WORSHIP. Are we really bringing honor to Him?


Don't be ashamed. This is for the Lord ONLY. If we would all remember that and just worship like we were looking straight into His eyes, how awesome would our worship be?


I can't wait for that day!


One of the Blogs I love, recently had this post. Watch the video, Be encouraged.

3 comments:

SmilingsMyFavorite said...

Amen!

Genesa said...

Great Post! Wonderful thing to think about!!! Thanks!

carrie said...

Oh how much this topic has been on my heart lately. i am so glad that we get our worth from the Lord and not humans. remember... if we don't cry out the rocks will!!! let's be more alive than the rocks!!!!!