Sunday, September 28, 2008

Meals this Week

I've seen people blog about their meals for the week, and I have known for a while that in order to spend less on groceries (and gas!), I need to have meals planned! I have tried this once before, and it didn't work because of my hubby's work schedule (I didn't want to make a big nice meal if he wasn't there!). Now his schedule is a little different and he is definitely home for more meals (and may be changing again, so he can be home for even more...). So- I am going to try this again, and I am going to make myself accountable to you!

First of all, I will probably do my meal planning AFTER I go grocery shopping. So If I go shopping this Wednesday, I will then plan for the following week (Monday- Sunday). I will plan food that I have all of the ingredients for (so I don't have to make additional trips to the store and waste gas). I will also be planning my breakfasts too, because the boys go to school and I want to make sure I am preparing for their day.

...............Breakfasts .............................Supper

Mon .....Baked Oatmeal........Chicken , Rice Veggies & Rolls
Tue ....Cereal & OJ ...........Cheeseburger Pie & (HM?)Applesauce
Wed ...Cereal & OJ ...........Sloppy Joes & Corn
Th.......Eggs & Sausage .....Cavatini & Garlic Bread
Fri.......Cereal & OJ ...........Vegetable Soup & Biscuits (cold day!)
Sat.......Cereal & OJ ...........Homemade Pizza & HM Breadsticks
Sun......Pancakes ................Lunch- Tatertot Casserole (Revised)
............................................Supper- Snacks, popcorn....


I also plan to make (MORE) Pumpkin Bread this week, I made some Friday and it was gone in less than 36 hours. Did I mention that recipe makes 2 loafs and some mini muffins?

So, there it is. Now I have to stick to it, right? Hopefully this will make my kitchen run a little smoother! Next schedule I am going to work on is a chore schedule.... I used to do one, but I got out of it when Baby was born, now that he is 6 months old, I think it's time to get back to it, eh?

Do you do a meal schedule? What do you think of doing one?

1 comments:

Megan said...

Meal plan is a must for me. Otherwise at 4pm I have no idea what we're doing and nothing thawed out(if needed) I think it destresses me in this area.

I make my plan on Monday or Tuesday for the next week. I also make my meals based on what I already have. I usually only have to pick up 2-4 (sometimes 0) things for the next weeks plan. This allows me to use almost my entire budget on sale and coupon items. It has worked well for me for about 8 months now.

I also love to see what others eat so thanks for posting!!